Canada Study Visa
After completing the application process, students tend to wait for the acceptance letter. The process isn’t complete yet. When you receive your acceptance letter, you have to apply for the study visa instantly. The Canadian student visa permit process needs to be done as soon as possible to avoid delays. The student visa permit will allow you to stay on Canadian premises till the end of your degree. All international students are required to attain a student visa permit, but there are some exceptions.
Exception for Student Visa Permit
Although all international students require Canadian student visa permit, but the following are the exceptions:
- Students attaining a 6 months or less study program
- A family member of any foreign delegate that is residing in Canada
- A member of the armed forces residing in Canada
- An individual having a registered Indian status
Points To Ponder While Applying For Student Visa Permit
- You must have a credit or debit card.
- Make all the electronic copies of all the required documents.
- Documents may vary due to the different location of the applicant.
- You should obtain information from the Canadian Embassy in your own country.
Canadian Study Visa Application
Pakistani students can apply for a Canadian student visa through two methods. One is the online form submission and the second is the in-hand application. The online application will be submitted through online portal system (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, IRCC).
Canadian Study Visa Step By Step Application Process
- Visit and create a Canadian study visa login account at IRCC site
- Sign in to IRCC account
- Submit online visa application
- Pay the application fee
- Check the application status on daily basis
- Update the required information
- One point to notice is that the online application process is much more rapid than the in-hand process.
Canadian Study Visa Requirements
There are several documents required while applying for the Canadian student visa permit. These documents include:
- Medical Certificate
- Biometric Fingerprints
- Passport-size Photographs
- Valid Passport
- The bank statement of the financial sources
- Fee Proofs
- Accommodation proof
- Scholarship or Financial Aid application proof, if any
- English Language Proficiency Certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, DALF, etc.)
Canadian Study Visa Fees
Though the visa application is submitted online or by hand, visa fees for Canadian visa is same (150$) or 33000 to 35000 pkr.
Canadian Study Visa Processing Time
No doubt processing of visa application starts just after the submission of online application to IRCC. It almost takes up to 12 weeks.
Post Visa Approval
- You will be issued a letter for the port of entry.
- Students from countries that require an eTA to enter Canadian territory will be issued an eTA or a temporary residence visa.
- Carry the same passport you used while applying for the visa application.
- You need to show all the valid documents, including your passport, acceptance letter, living expenses proof letter.
- CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) will counter check all of your documents and will permit you enter Canada.