How to Apply for University of British Columbia (UBC) International Scholars Programme Awards – 2023
University of British Columbia (UBC) International Scholars Programme Awards – 2023
Four prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Programme. UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards.
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award: This award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, exceptional leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award: This award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under challenging circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without significant financial assistance.
- International Impact Award: This award is offered to exceptional students who have expressed commitment to and solutions for social justice issues, climate change, equity and inclusion, societal health and wellness, and freedom of expression.
- Vantage One Excellence Award: This award is offered by UBC Vantage College for academically outstanding international students who do not yet meet the English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC. The awards range in value up to the full cost of a student’s academic programme and living expenses.
About University Of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global centre for teaching, learning and research, consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world and recently recognized as North America’s most international university. Since 1915, our motto, Tuum Est (It is Yours), has been a declaration of our commitment to attracting and supporting those who have the drive to shape a better world. As a result, UBC students, faculty and staff continue to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo, placing us at the forefront of discovery, learning and engagement. UBC encourages.
November 15, 2022
Be among the first to know whenever new University Of British Columbia scholarship is going on.
UBC International Scholars Programme Awards
- Category: Undergraduate
- Organisation: University Of British Columbia
- Country to study: –
- School to study: University Of British Columbia
- Course to study: Not specified
- Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
Aim and Benefits of UBC International Scholars Programme Awards
- Awards scholarships, totaling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses
Requirements for UBC International Scholars Programme Awards Qualification
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than one year prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than 2022.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree. (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totaling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you are eligible to apply for the International Scholars Programme.)
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
How to Apply
- Review the application page for the International Scholars Programme.
- Decide on the academic programme you want to study, and which campus you want to choose.
- To apply for the International Scholars Programme, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee.
- Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you. A single high school, college, or university may nominate up to three students for UBC Vancouver (including Vantage College), and one student for UBC Okanagan. A non-profit may only nominate a high school student who is involved with their organization. This nomination will count towards the total nominations permitted from a student’s school.
- Inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Programme and advise them of the November 15 application deadline. Your nominator should be your school counsellor or equivalent, and your academic referee should be someone who is familiar with you and your work – for example, your teacher for your chosen area of study.
- Gather your required financial information, as well as notes on any extracurricular activities and awards.
- Apply for the International Scholars Programme by submitting the application by the November 15 deadline.
- Submit your admissions application to UBC by the December 1 deadline.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here