How to Apply for Site Accountant at Amazon Energy Limited
Site Accountant at Amazon Energy Limited
Amazon Energy Limited is a leader in the provision of innovative Integrated Energy Services, primarily to the Petroleum sectors. We also have strategic interests in downstream trading and shipping. Whether it is subsea, surface and concept development or decommissioning, our all-round technical expertise and strong partnerships provide energy companies the racetrack to success. Our history of engineering excellence even in the most challenging environments, combined with our approach steeped in deep local knowledge delivers great results for our clients and stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Accountant
Location: Kwale, Delta
Application Dealine: 14th November, 2022.
Functionally Reports to: Finance Manager
Administratively Reports to: Finance Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all business transactions are recorded completely, correctly, timely in chronological sequence by each entity.
- Value adjustments, WIP adjustments, inventory stock reserves, reserves for project losses, bad debt reserves for doubtful accounts, foreign currency valuations, provisions and accruals, etc.), revenue recognition, financial expenses and income have properly been made and recorded by each entity.
- Ensure all accounting ledgers have been properly reconciled at each month-end and corresponding Month-End Checklists have been signed off by Accounting Officers (G/L, Bank/l, AP, AR, FX, IC, Tax), etc.
- Close the Accounting/Booking Period by the 3rd. working day after Month- End.
- Responsible for Closing and Opening of Monthly Accounting Periods.
- Preparation of Monthly Balance Sheets, P&L Statements and Cash Flow Statement s (Entity Level and
- Consolidation Level) by 5th working day after Month-End.
- Prepare Annual Budget Liquidity forecast – by end of November before Beginning of the Year. Have alternative funding strategies available in case of shortages Ensure Monthly Equity and Debt Consolidation entries and P&L Elimination entries have been properly made for Consolidation.
- Preparation of Monthly Detail Breakdowns of Major Balance Sheet and
- P or L Statement captions (Entity Level and Consolidation Level)
- Preparations of Annual Balance Sheets, P&L Statements, Equity Statements, Cash Flow Statements and Notes to Financial Statements (Entity Level and “Proforma” Consolidation Level
- Ensure monthly tax and regulatory compliances and corresponding filings with authorities.
- Ensure monthly Withholding Tax Certificates have been properly submitted to vendors/suppliers and same obtained from customer and clients.
- Monitor, check and control tax and regulatory payments /settlements with authorities.
- Monitor, Guide, Coach and Control the Accounting Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline.
- Maximum of 4 years of cognate in finance function with a reputable company (IFRS policy only).
- Experience is required as a Team Lead / Supervisor in the Accounting Department (General Ledger, Bank Ledger Accounts, Account Payable, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Intercompany Accounts, Tax Accounts, etc.) including also the Tax Department (WHT, CIT, VAT, etc.) for all Group Entities.
Monthly Net Salary Range
Competitive (Dependent on experience)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here