Growth Office – Industry Strategist at Deloitte Nigeria
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Growth Office Industry Strategist
- The ideal candidate will champion leadership in the implementation of strategy within the business through effective management and development of the team and building of strong relationships across serviced business areas.
The incumbent will be required to execute the following:
- Contribute to input on strategy for Service Area based on area of expertise.
- Lead implementation of strategy plans agreed by leadership of own Service Area and client Service Area/s.
- Provide significant support to leadership in communication and implementation of the Firm’s strategic objectives
- Understand the leadership mandate to Service Areas and communicate this clearly to team/s.
- Build strong professional relationships across delegated service line/s to understand business needs in area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain external business relationships within area of expertise to collaborate on, understand and share best practice.
- Based on expertise and experience, advise and support Service Line leadership in identifying and implementing innovative solutions to issues arising within the area of expertise.
- Provide annual budget input for area of responsibility for approval and integration into the Service Area budget.
- Manage costs for a designated area and ensures time and expenses are submitted weekly.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage the industry meetings and forums.
- Ensure that the lists of industry responsibilities and contacts across service lines are current.
- Develop cross-continent industry management process.
- Leverage global industry activities and infrastructure.
- Identify local and global eminence topics.
- Prepare industry reports for local and global use.
- Conduct industry market and client analysis when required.
- Provide input to the marketing strategy development process by articulating the industry focus.
- Maximize PR opportunities that are presented by marketing, including ensuring that spokespeople are available for proactive and reactive media commentary.
- Source relevant content for the marketing team to use across all channels with emphasis on digital.
- Manage multiple projects/ initiatives within the industry program.
- Source relevant support across the organization including marketing, communications, events, knowledge management etc.
- Coordinate industry planning across service lines for the different regions.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc, B.A, B.Eng / B.Tech., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of Second Class Lower/Lower Credit division.
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- 3 – 5 years experience within relevant function.
- Expert in field with excellent industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy.
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost.
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Strong research and report writing skills.
- Solid financial knowledge.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong client delivery focus.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2023.