How to Apply for fully-funded Vienna International Postdoctoral Program – 2023
Pursue your education in Austria. Good news! Applications for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this fellowship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Vienna International Postdoctoral Program 2023-2024 are fully funded scholarships for international students. Postdoctoral fellowship will cover a yearly gross salary of 70,040 EUR, full health insurance and additional support for each child that ranges from 110 – 170 EUR per month per child.
VIP2 is a three-year postdoctoral fellowship program at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) that is open to candidates with backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics. The program operates under a a two-mentor scheme whereby fellows select a main research group and academic mentor according to their specific projects and are supported by a second mentor that can be chosen from the VBC research institutes, the VBC biotech sector, our alumni network and beyond.
Vienna International Postdoctoral Program selects people whose projects have the potential to develop into distinct research lines and thus serves as a stepping stone towards an independent career path. Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
Beyond offering an outstanding research environment, Vienna International Postdoctoral Program provides a structured training and career development program under the principle “Inform, Inspire, Innovate.”
A research culture that fosters scientific excellence and independence
- Effective mentoring and career planning through two-mentor scheme
- Coaching and mentoring by the VIP2 Advisory Board (VAB)
- A broad training program on research-related and transferable skills
- Introduction of a secondment scheme in the postdoctoral training
- Introduction to a diverse network of renowned professionals
Scholarship Summary for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Vienna BioCenter
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available Postdoctoral positions.
- Program Period: Three years
- Deadline: June 15, 2022
Scholarship Coverage for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program
Vienna International Postdoctoral Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Salary: Each fellow receives a yearly gross salary of 70,040 EUR paid in 14 installments (12 months plus one Christmas and one-holiday bonus, according to Austrian law)
- full health insurance
- Social security includes fully paid maternity leave (16 weeks), the possibility of paid parental leave (up to 24 months), pension contribution, and accident insurance.
- Families receive additional support for each child (“Familienbeihilfe”) that ranges from 110 – 170 EUR per month per child, depending on the age of the child.
- Tax deductions apply to single-income families.
- Mechanisms are in place to contribute to the relocation costs of the fellows.
For more information from Here
Eligibility Criteria for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program
To qualify for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
- The proposed scientific project must match the research carried out on campus (applicants should name one or more potential host groups).
- Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
- Candidates are kindly requested to communicate with their preferred mentor(s) prior to and during composing their individual research projects.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv.
- By the time of the call deadline (15 June) applicants must also undertake transnational mobility according to the Marie Curie Action. That is, they should not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
For more information from Here.
How to Apply for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program:
- Click here to apply and provide the following information:
- Personal information: name, contact details, current place of education/employment
- Main scientific area (choose one from the 7 areas at the VBC) and up to 5 keywords
- DOI of at least one first-author publication or manuscript
- Contact details for two referees. The system will send an automatic email to referees with instructions. At least one reference letter has to be uploaded into the system BEFORE the application can be submitted.
- Attach the following documents:
- CV with details of education, scientific training starting from Bachelor degree, honours, etc.
- PDFs of transcripts and certificates of training.
- A five-page project proposal that compliments the aims of the host lab.
- A one-page explanation of the project written for the public, outlining the societal impact.
- Written proof (letter or email) from the chosen group leader indicating his/her support for the application.
- If you got accepted, you will move to the next phase which is the on site interview.
For more information about selection phase click here.