How to Apply for Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist (Hybrid) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist
- We are looking to build up a pool of psychologists and psychiatrists to provide psychological assistance in emergencies to its employees.
- To provide psychological support to employees exposed to a critical incident
Job Description of Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist (Hybrid) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Depending on the incident and the ability to go on-site and the needs, the response may involve the following steps:
- First contact and psychoeducation through the phone.
- Defusing / debriefing sessions on site
- Full Intervention by phone (if no field visit)
- Individual follow-up by phone according to needs
- Reference to an external specialist in case of need for medication
- Reference to an external specialist in case of need for deeper support
- Alert management in case of employee or beneficiary is in danger
- Written report: qualitative and quantitative in respect of confidentiality
Requirements for Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist (Hybrid) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
- Degree in Clinical Psychology/Medical Doctor specialized in Psychiatry
- Must possess a valid registration with the relevant board/council
- Clinical psychologist/psychiatrist with skills in psychodynamics approach
- 5 years of experience as a psychotherapist
- Experience in psycho-trauma
- Experience in providing collective sessions and support through phone
Competences / Skills:
- Flexibility and availability to adapt to local and projects settings
- Confidentiality and neutrality
- Knowledge of the Hausa language is an advantage
- Length: duration of the intervention
- Frequency: punctual.
Remuneration for Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist (Hybrid) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2022.
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.