Upholsterer at Agor Homes Limited
Agor Homes Limited is a furniture manufacturing company that manufacture high-end furniture for customers who care about quality and elegance. We create pleasant homes, hotels, and productive office environment. Our foremost objective in manufacturing hard wood furniture such as doors, kitchen cabinets & fittings, wardrobes, and other pieces in different versions, we create exceptional high-quality pieces that will fit every need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Upholsterer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Application Deadline: 31st December, 2022.
Employment Type: Full-time
- Interpreting design orders and creating upholstery stencils.
- Also perfectly translates the ideas of the client into unique, creative and high-quality furnishings.
- Selecting and sourcing upholstery materials.
- Dismantling furniture for upholstery preparation.
- Measuring and cutting leather or fabric with the aid of design stencils.
- Installing foam and batting to the furniture framework.
- Stretching out and installing fabric or leather coverings.
- Stitching, gluing, and nailing fabric into place.
- Smoothing out imperfection.
- Conducting quality checks on completed work.
- Minimum of SSCE qualification.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Proven work experience as an upholsterer.
- Excellent design skills.
- Ability to draw and interpret design templates.
- Knowledge of upholstery tools including hot knives, nail guns, and sewing equipment.
- Ability to lift, pull, and manipulate heavy objects.
- Experience in making of carcass for chairs, tables and other upholstery carcass is an advantage.
- You should have in-depth knowledge of modern upholstery techniques, a good eye for detail, and the ability to visualize design ideas.