Regional Social Media Manager at Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Limited
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Limited is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals that are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management,
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Social Media Manager
Application Deadline: 16th December, 2022.
- We are recruiting a Regional SMM Specialist to plan, manage and execute organic social media content for QS student recruitment products and services.
- The goal is to ensure interest and engagement with prospecting students and parents.
- This person will be responsible for planning and producing organic social media content and contests, responding to comments and messages, informing the team on shifts in audience attitudes and interests, and ultimately grow and entertain relevant follower base and content views.
- Within this role, you will devise and execute the SMM strategy agreed with the Regional Head of Marketing whilst managing all aspects of the planning, implementation, reporting, etc.
- This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and have creative freedom to make engaging content about education, travel and career opportunities across the globe.
- Plan and produce study abroad content, highlight university and school events, counselling services, regional activities, and more.
- Manage daily social media marketing activities across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and region-specific channels or messengers.
- Plan and execute activities (e.g., quizzes, contests, and competitions), sourcing and allocating prizes and gifts.
- Ensure prompt, extensive, and polite replies to comments and messages from the audience.
- Analyse SMM statistics, share market insights and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Tackle negativity, brigading and smear campaigns from online trolls and competitors.
- Be the main point of contact between the regional audience and marketing teams.
The Ideal Candidate will Have
- Educated to a Degree level or equivalent in any Creative or Humanities field (Film, Media, Writing, etc)
- 2+ year of experience managing and handling corporate social media accounts
- Knowledge of latest social media trends: cultural and technical
- Proficiency in content creation, management, and design tools.
- Excellent knowledge of the local language and culture
- Exceptional storytelling and presentation skills.
- Ability to record and edit common Instagram and TikTok videos
- Backup plans for crisis communications.
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude
- Excellent communication skills in English are necessary to communicate with QS global teams.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to propose alternative solutions
- Ability to collaborate with local and global teams
- Ability to ensure information accuracy and manage online conversations across multiple platforms
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify and understand critical issues, bring appropriate resolution to complex issues.
A few things that make QS a great place to work
- Competitive compensation packages
- Vibrant social environment and multicultural, multinational culture, strong team spirit
- Focus on welfare –global wellness team, Calm app, EAP and health plan, mental health first aiders, diversity, and inclusion initiatives
- Strong recognition and reward programs – peer recognition platform, quarterly and annual awards, annual bonus scheme
- Support for volunteering and study leave
- Support, learning, and growth opportunities across QS teams (Digital & Events, Marketing, Product Design, Enrolment Solutions, Regional QS enrolment team leaders, and more).