Call for Applications | International News Media Association/Google News Initiative Elevate Scholarships – 2022
Deadline: September 23, 2022
Applications for the International News Media Association/Google News Initiative Elevate Scholarships 2022 are now open. The Elevate Scholarship programme is designed to strengthen the future of the news business by embracing and elevating historically under-represented and disadvantaged groups below the senior management level at news media companies.
Through Elevate Scholarships, the International News Media Association (INMA) and the Google News Initiative (GNI) want to equip new faces and voices with strong news industry fundamentals as well as networking and mentoring opportunities.
Removing obstacles for equitable inclusion in news industry training and development can shatter the glass ceiling for professionals from under-represented groups, which hampers innovation and the future of news media.
- Be recognised via public announcements by INMA;
- Receive a scholarship certification;
- Gain free access to 3 INMA Master Classes
- Receive a free membership in INMA for one year — with full and unfettered access to the association’s global community;
- Participate in a mentoring video meet-up with Google and INMA to discuss news industry and career development.
- Be employed by a news media company.
- Hold a position below senior management at your organisation.
- Be in the business of news media for less than 15 years.
- Be under age 45.
- Aspire to become a top manager at a news media company.
- Be a part of an under-represented and disadvantaged group within your country.
There is no application fee. INMA and the Google News Initiative will award up to 50 Elevate Scholarships based on the applicant’s needs, aspirations, barriers, and the stories they tell in the application process.
- If you qualify, you may click here to go directly to the application and submit your candidacy.
- If you would like to nominate a colleague from your company, click here for a nomination form. Let the organisers know the name, contact details of the nominee, and why you think they should be nominated. Your nominee will then be asked to fill in the application form herself/himself.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here