Buyer at Desicon Engineering Limited
Desicon Engineering Limited for over 40 years has been an indigenous industry leader providing innovative Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) solutions to our clients. Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the centre of who we are. We are focused on leveraging these assets to deliver Instrumentation Maintenance and Construction, Procurement and Consultancy solutions to the Nigerian Energy sector.
We are an ISO (9001:2008) certified organisation, and we are focused on continuing to improve our processes to exceed our client expectations. We are proud to be the first indigenous company to own and operate a fully equipped Electrical & Instrumentation facility with an attached calibration workshop; a further indication of our dedication to providing superior service and value for money to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Select vendors for the assigned PR(s) by the Departmental Head based on the requested items and the vendor’s expertise
- Fill in the Vendor Pre-Selection Form with details of PR, Materials and Vendor’ Names & Name obtain approvals from Dept. Head or Coordinator.
- Prepare the RFQ in the standard format with all relevant details, including the Bid Closure Time & Date, Special Conditions (if any), etc.
- Send out the RFQ to the selected vendors (from Desicon bids ID), marking internal colleagues (as necessary) in Blind Copy.
- Receive the submitted offers from Dept. Head or Coordinator and analyze them by filing the Data in Vendor Commercial Evaluation Form.
- Wherever needed, request for TBE (Technical Bid Evaluation) by the Requested or by any competent authority as nominated by him/her.
- Negotiate the Prices with the Selected Vendor (TBE and /or Commercial Basis).
- Prepare the vendor selection form based on outcome of Evaluation/TBE & Negotiation.
- Get approvals of Coordinator and /or Dept Head on both Evaluation & Selection forms.
- Prepare the PO in Oracle based on approved Quote(s), selecting carefully the appropriate format and applicable conditions.
- Attach all necessary supporting documents like Quotes(s), approved Vendor selection & Commercial Evaluation Forms.
- Verify the PO for all terms & conditions and submit for further approvals.
- Print the PO when it is approved & Present for HOD signature. Upon signing, forward document to Lagos for DMD’s signature.
- Follow up regularly with the vendors till they deliver the ordered goods/service in full.
- File the signed copy of the issued PO(s) properly with all supporting documents related to it both in electronic and hard copies.
- Carry out any other official assignment as maybe directed by HOD.
- Cover duties & responsibilities of colleagues on their leave periods
- Introduce new vendors with the sole purpose of controlling costs and improve efficiency.
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor’s Degree with 4 – 7 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2022.