Apply Now | Volunteer at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) – 2022
Volunteer at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Volunteer (Collect data on Quality of education in Nigeria Case study productivity in Nigeria Universitiy)
Host Entity: United Nations Volunteers Nigeria
Duration: 12 weeks
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required: 6 – 10
Sustainable Development Goal: 4. Quality education
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
Description of Assignment Title: Collect data on Quality of education in Nigeria Case study productivity in Nigeria Universitiy
- Discuss and consolidate indicators and datasets for the analysis exercise
- Conduct analysis of data and identify relevant trends, patterns, and key findings
- Develop a report, according to agreed reporting plan, including visualization and narrative interpretations of findings as required.
- Develop research question and define method and tool for the analysis
- Suggest indicators and tabulation plan to conduct analysis
- For the collection of data on [area/topic], we seek support from one Online Volunteers, who will:
- Discuss and define objective as well as data collection methodology
- Conduct data collection using defined methodology and tools from selected sources
- Create/prepare report capturing findings
- The Online Volunteer/s will have the opportunity to build connections with the team and learn about the ways in which data can support this activities.
- Develop or identify a methodology tool for data collection, if required, and propose implementation plan
- Identify and screen for data sources
- Candidates should have in-depth understanding of concept of data collection and experience in conducting qualitative/quantitative data collection.
- An Advanced Degree in the area of Data to be collected is considered an advantage.
- Professional level of verbal and written English is required
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Hausa, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
- Igbo, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
- Yoruba, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable.
Application Deadline: 13th October, 2022.
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status
Not interested in this particular Job? See other Jobs here