Apply Now | United People Global (UPG) Sustainability Leadership Class – 2023
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Applications are open for the UPG Sustainability Leadership Class of 2023. UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement that mobilises individuals and organisations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability.
It is a movement that encourages and enables citizens at all levels to take positive action. A movement inspired by the UPG’s commitment to do what we can with what we have, rather than wait for someone else to act. It is a movement that embodies the notion that everyone can do something to make the world more sustainable.
UPG believes that sustainability includes BOTH the usual “green” issues such as planting trees, recycling waste, managing energy, protecting the oceans AND other issues that have been central to our societies for a long time such as: education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production and more. For those who are familiar with it, UPG uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide.
- Participation in UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for selected participants. All 500 participants will receive online training free of charge and all will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
- Participants selected for the 1 week immersive excursion will have the costs of the programme covered – training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s home town to the US).
- Open to young leaders between 18 and 35 years by October 1, 2023. This ensures that all participants are within this age group for the duration of the training and experiences that are planned.
- You demonstrate a strong motivation to become UPG Sustainability Leader combined with strong capabilities, and you also have initial ideas that can have an impact.
UPG is looking for young, determined people from all different paths of life and regions of the world. From well-experienced professionals to freshly graduated students. The selection process considers four factors:
- Your Profile – this helps us to strive for diversity
- Your Motivation – they select the most motivated
- Your Capabilities and
- The Potential for Impact
Applications must be completed online; applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to UPG will not be accepted.
Not interested in this particular fellowhip? See other fellowhips here