Applications are open for the UNESCO MGIEP Social Emotional Learning for Youth Waging Peace Free Course 2022. The UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) has launched the online course “Social Emotional Learning for Youth Waging Peace” (SEL4YWP), addressing the needs for the SDG 4, SDG 16 and Youth, Peace, and Security (YPS) Agenda.
SEL for #YouthWagingPeace course is a powerful online course designed specifically for youth (18+) to learn how to use social and emotional learning for the prevention of violent extremism. Aimed at youth peacebuilders, this course will help in cultivating critical social-emotional competencies, develop systems-informed interventions to prevent violent extremism, and work towards building sustainable peace in their immediate communities.
The online, self-directed course uses narrative format for scenario-based learning (graphic novel look-and-feel) to engage learners with the course content and provides them the opportunity to arrive at their own insights by exploring the story and the topics along with a fictional character, Kalamfariku, and the experiences and viewpoints of 4 characters from the story, Amum, Wondoo, Kimsha, and Magrub. The course takes approximately 16-20 hours to complete and learners receive a certificate issued by UNESCO MGIEP.
- An internationally recognized certificate of completion from UNESCO MGIEP for your further study or employment.
- Network and possible follow-up collaboration with worldwide fellow learners and SEL communities through Basecamp platform and regular Zoom MasterClass, as well as potential full/partially funded offline/onsite training of trainers/facilitators.
- Global visibility for you and/or your organisation/community.
- Open to youth peacebuilders around the world;
- Applicants should be at least 18 years old.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here