Applications are invited from suitably qualified students from Low- or middle-income countries for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 to be hosted at the Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana.
The Fully Funded Scholarship is from TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Ghana, UNICEF, WHO, UNDP, World Bank
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Ghana
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (MSc)
Nationality: Low- or Middle-income Countries
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 | DETAILS
Scholarships will be offered for academic session 2022–2023, for a one-year Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science. The programmes are taught in English.
Master’s in Public Health run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
MSc. Applied Health Social Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students and their careers will be tracked through the TDR Global which monitors the impact of the programme and provides networking and opportunities to increase visibility for students and alumni. The programme provides on-campus teaching, however, depending on regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the course may be delivered through an online platform
Eligibility Criteria for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship
To be considered for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023, interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be resident in and nationals of a low- or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region.
- be under 35 years old at the time of application;
- meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students.
- be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty;
- be proficient in English;
- provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of the programme; and
- consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
Application Procedures for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 are to follow the steps listed (below) to apply:
- Step One (1): Click on the link and read more about the application requirement processes, then click on “APPLY NOW” when you are ready to begin the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
- Step Two (2): Select the appropriate option (either “GHANAIAN APPLICANT” or “INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT”, create an account, login and begin the application process. Be sure to select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
- Step Three (3): Once the first two steps have been completed, click on the link (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research (2022 academic year). Be sure to select either Master of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Science) or Msc. Applied Health Social Science. Complete all fields and upload the required documents before submitting.
Application Deadline: 9th September 2022