Social Media Manager at the International Committee of the Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Job Reference No: ABJ202200333
- Under the direct supervision of Communication Manager 3 in Abuja, the Social Media Manager works to enhance the digital reputation and positioning of the ICRC, furthering the goals and objectives of the digital strategy.
- S/he drives the ICRC’s efforts to connect with relevant audiences through digital content and channels by editing, creating, and publishing content in different channels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Using accepted best practices, develops digital strategies, leading on content planning and engagement with priority audiences.
- Ensures accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimized for search and audience engagement, collaborating with the Audio-visual Producer, Com. Field Officers in the substructures, social media leads, web editors and Digital Officers primarily at the Regional Communication Centre in Nairobi Delegation and Headquarters in Geneva.
- Optimizes best practices and develops digital projects for official social media accounts and the website, engaging with and delivering content to priority audiences, including communities affected by armed conflict and violence.
- Leads on social media acquisition and advertising campaigns, including setting performance metrics.
- Provides in-depth social media guidance on setting up a strategy, managing and mitigating risks, growing an engaged community, influencing audiences, and effecting behavioural change.
- Provides social media training to colleagues (including senior staff members) and peers on how to use social media channels and measure impact.
- Coordinates with digital marketers on ad buys to ensure positioning of the ICRC on key contexts, themes, and issues.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Creates, edits, and repurposes engageable social media content, like posts and tweets, image slide shows, threads, gifs and videos, with a clearly developed narrative and tone of voice.
- Manages the official ICRC Nigeria social media accounts, posting content and responding to comments and direct messages in an appropriate and timely manner and regularly updating the website
- Uses various analytics tools to identify and understand social media audiences and behavioural trends.
- Produces reports on the growth of channels and performance of social media content and makes strategic recommendations based on results and implements them (working with heads of communication to define key measurable metrics for all accounts).
- Designs and runs social media campaigns – defining strategy and metrics, developing content, reaching out to social media influencers, and reporting on outcomes.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in Communications, and Marketing or Journalism, preferably with a digital background and specialization (managing websites, social media platforms, video projects, etc.)
- 6-9 years’ overall professional experience
- Expertise in web editing and with search engine optimization.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to communicate technical matters to audiences in training settings.
- Expertise with ad management (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter)
- Deep understanding/expertise of social media platforms, analytics tools, and metrics.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital communication
- Skilled computer user of web publishing (content management systems, including Drupal and/or WordPress) and design tools (Photoshop)
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and knowledge of local languages is an asset.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
Application Deadline: 14th October, 2022 at 16:30hrs.
Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be considered:
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the following format:
- Qualification(s) – Current location – Languages you speak – Years of relevant experience
- The deadline for the submission of applications will be 14.10.2022, 16:30hrs. Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using “ABJ202200333 Social Media Manager ABJ” as the subject of their Application
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here