Security Certifications Product Manager – CIS, FIPS, FedRAMP (Remote) at Canonical Nigeria
Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Certifications Product Manager – CIS, FIPS, FedRAMP
Application Closing Date
- The successful candidate will be deeply familiar with the major global certifications needed at the operating system level in primary economies such as the USA, Canada and Europe. They will have an appreciation for the challenge in ensuring that a fast-moving open source platform complies with these detailed specifications, and the ability to work with engineering teams to build the necessary capabilities.
- They will also be an articulate leader, able to influence engineers and business leads. This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message.
- We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A Technical or Science Background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- A personal interest in security capabilities, practices, issues, threats, strategies, policy
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape