Program Assistant, HortiNigeria at the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to identify and scale sustainable soil solutions for improved food security and livelihoods around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant, HortiNigeria
Job ID: 20120945
Location: Abuja (This position will be based in Abuja (Nigeria), but candidate should be available to travel when called upon)
Employment Type: In-Country Consultancy
Level of Effort: This input is effective immediately
HortiNigeria Program Background
- IFDC and its consortium partners have secured funding from EKN Nigeria to implement a transformational horticultural project in Nigeria by introducing innovative, sustainable and profitable horticultural productivity and resilient market system value chain approaches leading to a sustainable transition of Nigeria’s food system; thus, from a system based on food imports, low productivity and depletion of natural resources, to an integrated sustainable food system, capable of providing sufficient, healthy and nutritious food to a growing (urban) population.
- HortiNigeria targets only the domestic markets, where it focuses on tomato, okra, onion and pepper value chains, with a view to boosting the productivity and income of 60,000 smallholder farmers (50% youth and 40% women), sustainably expanding cultivated land by 15,000 hectares, promoting innovations and regional diversifications to reduce seasonal risks facing 2,000 farmers, increasing 50 agro-SMEs’ access to finance, enhancing sector coordination and facilitating 200 business-to-business linkages in the four states of Kaduna, Kano, Ogun and Oyo.
- In view of this and to effectively carry out administrative activities of the program, there is a need to recruit a program assistant to support the program.
Scope of Work
The Scope of work is, but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the day-to-day administrative duties of the HortiNigeria team
- Assit the Admin department to keep an upto date program inventory list
- Have a dashboard of all project incoming and outgoing documentation
- Keep track of program payments forms within the Admin and Accounts department
- Assist the Admin department to prepare logistics of meetings and workshops.
- Write and submit reports or notes regularly with strict respect for deadlines.
- Assist in the monthly expense tracking of the program budget.
- Preparation of payment schedules and assisting with budget preparation for program activity.
- Preliminary review of documents.
- Any other duties assigned to the success of the project.
- Knowledge of IFDC processes, policies, and procedures
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic mathematical knowledge.
Application Closing Date