Professorial Chair of Mathematics at the University of Lagos (UNILAG)
The University of Lagos founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Professorial Chair of Mathematics
- The person that will occupy the Pastor E.A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the Department of Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Mathematics.
- He/She shall present an Annual Lecture as well as deliver a Terminal Public Lecture on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
The successful candidate, who would be called Pastor Enoch Adeboye “Outstanding” Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his or her outstanding accomplishments must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A Ph.D. in Mathematics from a reputable University.
- At least 10 years post-Ph.D teaching experience
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career in the professorial cadre (i.e Professor or Associate Professor).
- Part of a demonstrable indicator of research achievements is the number of Ph.Ds. students successfully supervised by the candidate.
- Strong proof of continuing research in Mathematics.
- Administrative and Academic Leadership skills, communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Information Technology (IT) skills.
- Membership of Learned Societies in the Mathematical Sciences.
- The Chair has a tenure of Two Years and is renewed for another two years.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2022.