This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan, USA 2022-23
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan, USA 2022-23:
- Funding is Full
- They take all courses at University of Michigan
- International students are eligible
- All postgraduate applicants are eligible
Faculty members from colleges or universities in Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda are welcome to submit direct applications to UMAPS. Other African applicants must be suggested by a University of Michigan faculty member with whom they already have a relationship in order to be considered for UMAPS.
There is just one application cycle for the UMAPS program’s two cohorts, which run from August through December and January through May respectively. Cohort placement (upon acceptance into the program) is not guaranteed; applicants will have the chance to express their choice for a certain cohort throughout the application process.
Application deadline is January 4, 2023.
The Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan, USA 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible for Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program
- Kenya, Malawi
- South Africa
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, for five months, matched with an academic collaborator, and with full access to the university’s resources
- flight from their nation to Ann Arbor, Michigan, round-trip
- Important note: The UMAPS program is unable to accommodate spouses or dependents. Free housing (private room and bath in a suite setting), health insurance, a research allowance, and a meager stipend to meet living expenses
- Office and lab space
- the chance to share findings with the University of Michigan community
Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan, USA 2022-23 is primarily for postgraduate applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan, USA 2022-23:
- Currently teaching in a college or university in Africa, you must be a young professor with less than 10 years of experience in the higher education system.
- hold a permanent post in an African university or college
- being able to provide institutional backing through a letter of reference from the department head, dean, or vice chancellor
- to be able to stay put for five months
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about eligibility in your particular situation.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- the online application form in its entirety » (Only applicants from Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda may utilize this URL during this application cycle.)
- Utilize the online application to submit a curriculum vitae.
- Publish a research or academic program proposal (not to exceed five pages). Applications from a variety of academic fields and institutions are welcomed, and applications that support the core efforts of the center—AHHI, ASRI, and STEM-Africa—are encouraged.
- Give the department head, dean, or vice chancellor at the applicant’s alma mater who will be sending their letter of support their full name and contact information.
- A nomination is necessary for candidates from nations other than Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, or Uganda, and it must be made by a U-M professor who is acquainted with the candidate’s body of work. The selecting faculty shall:
- Fill out the nomination form online (for University of Michigan faculty only and access requires U-M login)
- Send or upload a letter of support from the mentor expressing their want to work with the potential participant throughout the residency, their commitment to meeting often, and, if at all feasible, their ability to offer an office space.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan ?
- It is a postgraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at University of Oxford.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here