Apply Now | One Africa Award – A Chance for Individuals and Organizations to Win $100,000 – 2022
One Africa Award – A Chance for Individuals and Organizations to Win $100,000 – 2022
This is to notify African students that the window for the One Africa Award – A Chance for Individuals and Organizations to Win $100,000 – 2022 is open
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022 23:59 SAST / 21:59 GMT/UTC
About the Award: The 2022 ONE Africa Award will recognise Africa-driven and Africa-led advocacy efforts that have demonstrated success at the community, national or regional level. The award recognises, rewards and advances the exceptional work of organisations founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to advancing development goals in Africa. The US$100,000 award will recognise innovative African initiatives to fight extreme poverty and incentivise more of such efforts.
The $100,000 award will bring recognition to innovative African efforts to fight poverty and will incentivize more of such efforts. The award may be split into two prizes in order to award two smaller organizations better able to absorb a smaller monetary award.
Who is eligible to Apply?
- Civil society organisations, non-governmental organisations and other groups based in Africa that have demonstrated commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the SDGs are invited to apply.
- Qualified recipients may be engaged in direct services to achieve any of the SDGs, but must demonstrate a strong advocacy component integral to the delivery and success of their programs. Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities, such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to SDG attainment.
- Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to MDG attainment.
Award Criteria: Organisations will be graded in five categories and will be awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- Extent to which the organisation has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organisation to scale interventions.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (for example, community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate that interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organisation has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
Shortlisted applications will undergo a due diligence process.
Selection Process: ONE will informally review the award winner’s project activities and progress a year following the receipt of the award.
Value of Award: $100,000
How to Apply: Please complete each section of the application and attach the required supplemental documents by 30 September 2022 23:59 SAST / 21:59 GMT/UTC according to the submission guidelines.
Download application form:
Please send your completed application to:
First Floor, Sedgwick House, 19 Muswell Road, Bryanston, Sandton, 2021 South Africa
Or via email to: email@example.com
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here