Apply Now | Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Foreign / Local Post-Graduate Scholarship – 2023
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: 2023 Foreign / Local Post-Graduate Scholarship
- To further boost human resource development in the Niger Delta region, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is once again embarking on its Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip our young people with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the Federal Government, as well as enable them to acquire specialization in their fields of study and thus compete globally in various professional disciplines.
The Scheme is for
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software / Aeronautic Space / Aeronautic Engineering
- Marine / Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Math / Sciences
- Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
- Hospitality Management
- Civil / Mechanical / Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
Criteria and Guidelines for Qualification
- Scholar must come from the Niger Delta region
- Possess five Credits at not more than 2 sittings
- Students must obtain First Class Degree / Second Class Upper Division to benefit from the Scholarship
The Scholarship Benefit
- The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
Application Deadline: 9th November, 2022.
Apply with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Overseas/Nigerian University
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
- Shortlisted candidates will take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- Online application on the Commission’s website
- Shortlist candidate using:
- WASSCE/ NECO
- Undergraduate degree (1st Class / Second Class Upper)
- Local Government Identification
- Computer Based Test to be conducted in each State of the Niger Delta by Consultants. This will test I.Q proficiency in English, Mathematics and General Paper.
- Score a minimum of 70% in the test.
- Shortlist Successful candidates.
- Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
- The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for oral interview or candidates that are not successful during the oral interviews.
- Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host / Communities / Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
- The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
- The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
- For further enquiries, contact the Director, Education, NDDC:
- Mobile: +234(0)8032610105 or 07035681124
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Not Interested in this particular scholarship, See other Scholarships HERE