Music Instructors – Piano, Saxophone & Violin at IDMANN Academy (Abia & Osun)
IDMANN Academy provides tutorial support to secondary and pre-secondary age students via our class-leading online platform. The IDMANN High Achievers’ Camp (HAC) provides elementary school students an outstanding educational experience by introducing them to development courses at an early age. This highly focused engagement provides an ideal learning environment for highly gifted students who could benefit from the accelerated development, students with special needs who could benefit from the individualized attention, or families seeking personalized and customized instruction for their children. In every instance, IDMANN Academy develops a curriculum – and delivers curricular outcomes – that is intended to meet the unique needs of the student, and the aspirations of the family at large. These tutorial outcomes are delivered by way of direct interaction between the students and the instructor in very small focused groups. The IDMANN instructor is a well trained and disciplined educator.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Music Instructor – Piano, Saxophone & Violin
Locations: Abia and Osun
- We are looking for Instructors to teach music in our program. The Instructor is expected to have not just the ability to play an instrument, but the ability to TEACH young students how to play. We are seeking instructors for the piano, saxophone and violin.
- Instructors who have a proficiency in multiple instruments will be considered advantageous since they can support students to learn different instruments.
Prospective applicants MUST have ALL of the following:
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Music with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven experience as a Music Tutor (in one of the instruments outlined above).
- Ability to understand curriculum and develop lesson plans and teaching methods that will help students from different backgrounds.
- Ability to plan, execute and coordinate standardized academic tutoring, which is progressive and reflective of the needs of learners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience in an educational establishment would be considered as a plus.
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching establishmment would be beneficial.
- Instructors are expected to have demonstrable experience or appreciable interest in early childhood education to be able to teach students in HAC, who are typically elementary and secondary school students. (A combination of a teaching certification AND demonstrated experience (> 2 years) teaching in a school would be ideal.)
Prospective applicants should note the following:
- Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 10-15 hours per week (part-time).
- We expect instructors to have hands-on familiarity with the Common Core standard.
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement is critical in this position.
- Intending instructors MUST have ALL of the following:
- A reliable laptop or desktop, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
- The same laptop or desktop mentioned above MUST be able to run the necessary software to be used in class.
- Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
- Availability to teach on weekends (primarily on Saturdays) and at least TWO evenings during the week.
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and a Resume clearly outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
Note: Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.