Apply Now | Michigan State University (MSU) Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship – 2023
Michigan State University (MSU) Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship 2023
The African Studies Center is pleased to announce the Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship!
When is the Application Deadline:
30th October 2022
Tell Me About Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship:
A fellowship of up to $2,000 to support international African students travel to Africa for research. The award honors former Nigerian President Nnamdi Azikiwe, a scholar and politician, who led Nigeria as its first civilian president and who invited MSU faculty to join him and other Nigerians to build a land-grant model university in Eastern Nigeria. This became the University of Nigeria at Nsukka, had a distinguished educational history, and was the beginnings of the MSU African Studies faculty, now approximately 100 scholars spanning many colleges and departments.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible for Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Fellowship?
The African Studies Center recognizes that international African students studying at MSU have limited opportunities to apply for grants and fellowships to conduct research in Africa – usually reserved for citizens and permanent residents of the United States. For this reason,
- Only African undergraduate or graduate students conducting research in Africa are eligible for this fellowship.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an MSU degree-granting program, and awardees must return to MSU as registered students in the semester following the award.
- Priority will be given to students in good academic standing and with demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants must successfully complete any MSU requirements related to doing research abroad (IRB training for instance)
- Fellowship recipients must write and submit a report (3 to 5 pages) to the African Studies Center within one month of their return from Africa.
How are Applicants Selected?
The fellowship program is administered by the African Studies Center. Selection of winners is determined by an African Studies Award Selection Committee with members appointed by the Center Director.
Which Countries are Eligible?
International Students from African countries
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
One or more
What is the Benefit of Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship?
One or more fellowships of up to $ 2,000 will be awarded for travel and/or fieldwork expenses in Africa. Funds are meant to defray costs, students are expected to find additional funds if costs are to exceed granted amount.
How to Apply for Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship:
Apply via Link below.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here