Apply Now | Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands – 2023/24
Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands – 2023/24
This is to notify international students that the application window for the Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands – 2023/24 is open
Application Deadline for Merit Scholarships
Application deadline is January 15, 2023
Important Points about Merit Scholarships
The key points to be noted about Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands 2023-24 are listed below:
- Funding is full
- They take all courses at the University of Amsterdam.
- International students are eligible
- All Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants are eligible
Brief Description of Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam is presently accepting applications for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS), which covers tuition and certain living expenses for foreign students from non-EU/EEA nations for one academic year with the option of an additional year (for two-year Master’s programs).
Scholarships are given out in accordance with academic performance. Therefore, recipients of an AMS are required to finish their first year of study successfully (with at least 40 ECTS) in order to continue to be eligible for the scholarship in their second year.
Eligible Courses for Merit Scholarships
Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Eligible Countries for Merit Scholarships
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Check scholarship page for full benefits
Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands 2023-24 is primarily for Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants.
Number of Awards
Eligibility Criteria for Merit Scholarships
To be considered for the Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands 2023-24 all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Not be a citizen of Switzerland, the European Economic Area, or the European Union
- Not qualify for aid under the Dutch system of student loans and grants (for additional details, please see duo.nl).
- Not be qualified for the UvA’s lower tuition rate for EEA students.
- Not be awarded a full scholarship for the same time period as the AMS have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programs (for information on the application and admission process, visit the website of your MSc program) and have been or will be admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programs at the UvA.
- You must also be able to meet the requirements for obtaining a Dutch visa (if applicable).
- Have not more than three years ago completed their prior academic program.
Application Procedure for Merit Scholarships
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- The processes are as follows for interested and qualified overseas students who wish to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS);
- As part of the application process for the Master’s program of your choosing, you must apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
- We ask if you wish to be considered for a UvA scholarship on your application form.
- If you wish to be taken into consideration and you meet all the criteria listed above, please check this box. In your motivation letter, you should also include a section where you discuss why you want to be considered for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and what it would imply for your future academic endeavors.
- The MSc Program Coordinators choose the applicants who are eligible to apply for the scholarship after receiving their applications. We’ll notify every student as soon as we can.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Merit Scholarships at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands ?
- It is a Undergraduate and Postgraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at University of Amsterdam.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here