The University of Alberta is currently providing several admission- and application-based scholarships to foreign students who want to start their studies there in the upcoming semester. The University provides $32 million in financial aid, scholarships, and awards to a wide range of students each year. You are not exempt, regardless of your status as a well-rounded student, community leader, or academic achiever.
When you submit an application for admission, you will be considered for these scholarships. When you receive your admission offer, your eligibility will be determined by your high school entry average. We’ll evaluate you to see whether you match any of these plus a lot more. Before you can apply for any admission scholarships, you must submit an application to an undergraduate degree program.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Alberta, Canada
- Host Institution: University of Alberta, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: Up to $6000 per year
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Nationality: International students
International Scholarships at the University of Alberta 2024 | Scholarships Based on Admission
Merit-based students are automatically awarded these scholarships at the time of admission; no application is necessary. They consist of;
- International Admission Scholarship: Depending on the average of admission, the top students may receive up to $5,000 CAD.
- Regional Excellence Scholarship: Depending on their admission average, top students from particular regions may be eligible to win up to $5,000 CAD.
- Gold Standard Scholarship: Depending on their average of admission, the top 5% of students in each faculty can win up to $6,000.
International Scholarships at the University of Alberta 2024 | Scholarships awarded based on applications
Other than the admission-based. There are still more scholarships available. If you apply ahead of time, you may be eligible for additional scholarships as you apply. Among these scholarships are
- President’s International Distinction Scholarship: Recipients may receive up to $120,000 CAD (payable over four years) if they have a strong entrance GPA and have shown leadership abilities as they begin their undergraduate studies on a student visa permit.
- International Leader Scholarship: Excellent academic standing and a well-rounded leadership style qualify candidates for the $10,000 CAD
- May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship: Chinese or Hong Kong citizens enrolled in their first year of undergraduate study with a student visa permit and a superior admission average may be eligible to receive up to $100,000 (payable over four years).
- Global Citizen Scholarship for IB Diploma Students: Qualifying students may also apply for the University of Alberta Global Citizen Scholarship, which offers up to $53,000 annually for a maximum of four years.
Procedures for Applications
How to Apply: Interested and qualified individuals must apply to the University of Alberta in Canada for admission to an undergraduate degree program. Following their acceptance offer from the institution, they will be informed of their award offer, which will be contingent upon their academic performance.