Human Capital Manager at Zola Electric
Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Capital Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- To manage the provision of Human Capital (HC) Shared Services within the country of operation in accordance with regulatory and legislative requirements, and to guide and lead the implementation of HC policies/guidelines and services.
Human Capital (HC) Continued Improvement:
- Evaluate and modify current HC processes and procedures to increase efficiencies
- Lead the HC team in establishing best practices, standardization and process governance
- Manage key projects including HCIS implementations/upgrades, year-end processing, etc.
Payroll, Compensation & Benefits:
- Manage the provision of day-to-day payroll activities through to final authorization of payroll and release to the bank for payment
- Manage year-end processing including testing, year- end adjustments, etc.
- Ensure that payroll processes are in compliance with country regulations and applicable legislation.
Human Capital Data and Reporting:
- Continually audit for exceptions in HC Data
- Monitor data for trends and perform root cause analysis
- Implement appropriate controls and quality checks to ensure shared services is the custodian of accurate and reliable data
- Monitor and report on HC metrics
- Analyse and interpret HC information to report and present to the Country MD, Regional Head and identified parties.
New Appointments, Onboarding & Exit Procedure:
- Process managerial appointments and promotions and prepare circulars on managerial appointments and promotions
- Develop and implement the deployment of new-hire onboarding and training to ensure a consistent employee experience
- Oversee the employee exit process in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Participate in weekly Core Team Meetings and monthly Performance Review Meetings
- Communicate regularly with the Regional Head and Country MD to provide the necessary updates on Shared Services
- Liaise with the respective HCBPs to provide mentorship and coaching to deliver on HC administration initiatives within the country
- Foster collaboration across functions and ensure smooth implementations around HC Shared Services solutions
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to implement and deliver HC solutions and services in support of business objectives
- Manage all 3rd party relationships and service level agreements.
- Develop the annual budget for Shared Services based on operational and financial targets in consultation with the Regional Head and Country MD
- Monitor the operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to budget allocations
- Address budget variances with the Regional Head and Country MD to clarify over or under-spend
- Authorize expenses as per delegation of authority.
Skills and Experience
- 4-year BSc Degree in Human Capital Management or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in HC Administration / HR Service Centre.
Managerial and Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of HCIS and payroll systems (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of the applicable HC legislation
- Knowledge of Human Capital best practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Data extraction and analytical skills using the appropriate tools
- Project management skills
- Reporting skills.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Planning skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
Working Conditions (office bound / on-site / travel)
- Hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote).
Application Closing Date