Apply Now | Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL)/FATE Foundation Justice Entrepreneurship School for Entrepreneurs in West Africa – 2022
Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL)/FATE Foundation Justice Entrepreneurship School 2022 for Entrepreneurs
About the Award:
The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) in partnership with FATE Foundation has launched the call for application for the Justice Entrepreneurship School (JES) which is a programme targeted at entrepreneurs within West Africa who are in the incubation stage of business and have innovative ideas about businesses within the justice sector of economies. HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) is a social enterprise devoted to user-friendly justice and has a goal to develop entrepreneurs working on solutions that will address and solve the pressing justice needs of people in West Africa.
Our Target Audience Includes Startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better:
- Working conditions with employers
- Separation terms with spouses
- Protection against theft, fraud and violence
- Arrangements about noise, damages and property access with neighbours
- Housing maintenance and rent conditions with landlords
- Agreements on ownership, registration and use of land
- Contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business
Areas of focus for prevention or resolving pressing justice problems are in the following areas:
- Employment: contract termination, payment of wages/social security/insurance, working conditions, equal hiring opportunities.
- Family: separation, abuse, child support, custody and inheritance.
- Neighbours: excessive noise or disorder, right of way, damage to property.
- Crime: theft, robbery, burglary, and bodily injury, lending and borrowing money.
- Land: ownership, registration, use of land, tenure.
- Housing: eviction, living conditions, payment of rent
- Small business: supplier or client contracts, tax, registration, regulatory compliance, fraud, business premises.
- Public sector: corruption, bribery, access to utilities (water, sanitation, electricity)
- Consumer: unfair/unauthorised charges by company or bank, purchasing defective goods or substandard services, warranties.
- Money: Solutions that help prevent or resolve disputes over lending and borrowing money.
What Type of Award is this?
Who can apply?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be computer Literate
- Have basic computer knowledge
- Have a certificate from a tertiary institution
- Have a prototype or MVP solution that prevents or resolves justice problems like Neighbours, crime, money, Land, Employment, etc
- Have a Prototype or MVP solutions that cause social change or has a social impact that pertains to justice.
Which Countries are Eligible?
West African countries
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Award?
Tuition Fee is Free
The curriculum is designed to help the participants become more knowledgeable on how to build and sustain innovative businesses that can solve today’s Justice problems sessions are facilitated by various industry leaders across the entrepreneurial value chain specifically social justice professionals with its learning structure, a combination of virtual sessions, case studies and group activities.
The programme will run for 8 weeks with a single touchpoint twice a week (Mondays and Wednesday) between 26 September – 16 November 2022
How Long is the Program?
Monday 26 September – Wednesday 6 November 2022
30th September 2022
Not interested in this particular Entrepreneurship? See others here