Government/Aviation Affairs Manager at Zipline Nigeria
Zipline – Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government / Aviation Affairs Manager
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
About You and The Role
- Are you excited about working closely with our government and regulatory partners in Nigeria to safely bridge the gap between existing regulations and technological innovation?
- We are looking for a Government/Aviation Affairs Manager to support our government affairs activities in Nigeria.
- You’ll have the opportunity to support regulatory approval processes for cutting edge technology in new markets throughout Nigeria, as well as work with a broad range of government stakeholders – from security agencies and the CAA to utilities regulators.
- As a bridge between the global legal, regulatory and policy team and the Nigeria country operations team, you will have full ownership over ensuring Zipline Nigeria is safely serving our customers in seamless coordination with our partners in the government.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally, listening and drawing from their expertise, experiences, and needs to drive decisions that impact Zipline’s ongoing development and growth.
- The responsibilities on day one are big, and your success will help unlock an uncommon opportunity to open skyways for millions of Nigerians to reliable, on-demand access essential medical supplies.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with the Zipline Nigeria team and the Nigerian government to support the day to day of Zipline’s various regulatory requirements and programs in Nigeria.
- Work with the global regulatory and policy teams to define the best plan to execute timely and successful certification.
- Support organizational regulatory approval efforts by coordinating activities of the team, monitoring progress and removing obstacles along the way.
- Maintain regulatory files/databases in good order, along with the system for tracking communication with regulators.
- Interface with other functional departments to influence efficient execution of projects; provide regulatory support on project teams.
What You’ll Bring
- You’ll have at least 5 years’ experience in working within the regulatory and government affairs space
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
- You’ll have experience reviewing processes and documentation to ensure that the systems they depict will be compliant with applicable regulations.
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments.
- You have either had a program management role with deep ownership of the outcome of projects or a similar role as a program manager, or systems engineer.
- Must be eligible to work in Nigeria.