Apply Now | Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship (Fully Funded) – 2023
The Korean government is pleased to announce that the applications for the Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship for 2023 are open. The GKS-U Scholarship is a Fully Funded Korean Govt Scholarship that is open to international students who wish to pursue undergraduate degrees in Korea. The current call is open for Undergraduates, for Graduates the call will open in Feb 2023. Formally known as the Korean Government Scholarship. GKS will award 200 Undergraduate Scholarships in 2023 to Study in South Korean Universities. All the Expenses are covered under this scholarship. This opportunity was Published First in our blog.
All international applicants from all countries with any nationality can apply. There is No Application Fee Required for the GKS Scholarship. The Global Korea Scholarship program includes almost all universities in South Korea. You can study for and complete an Associate’s Degree as well as a bachelor’s Degree. The complete procedure, information, and more details about the Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 are available below.
Details About Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 (Formally Known as Korean Government Scholarship)
- Country: South Korea
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies from Country to Country
Global Korea Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Korea for international students. All the expenses will be covered by the Korean Government.
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language Courses
- Full Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Support
- Printing Costs
- Completion Grant
- Category: Associate Degree: Period 1 year of the Korean language program+ 2~3 years of the degree program
- Bachelor’s Degree: 1 year of the Korean language program + 4~6 years of the degree program.
Available Universities and Fields of Study
- All fields of study offered by GKS participating universities
- Academic programs offered during evenings (night school), short-term programs, and online and distant learning programs are not applicable to this scholarship program.
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who has Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
Level of Education:
- Bachelor‟s degree program is for applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school or from an associate degree program
- The associate degree program is for applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school
- Applicants who have a bachelor‟s degree cannot apply. Applicants who have an associate degree can only apply to a bachelor‟s program
- Applicants who are expected to graduate must first submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application. If such applicants pass the final round of selection, they must submit a graduation certificate (or a degree certificate) by February 28, 2023
- The score percentile should be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one‟s class.
- CGPA must be equal to or above 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0
Must be under 25 years of age (born after March 1, 1998)
Documents to Submit
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- ONE letter of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of citizenship (applicant and parents) and proof of family relationship
- High School Graduation Certificate (or certificate of expected graduation)
- Academic transcript of the high school curriculum
- Graduation certificate (or certificate of expected graduation) of the associate degree program
- Academic transcript of associate degree
- Proof of Overseas Korean Document
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant
The last date to apply for the GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 varies from Country to Country and from Korean Embassy to the Embassy of your Country. All applicants must check the deadline for application submission by contacting their relevant embassy or desired university directly.
How to Apply for the GKS-U Scholarship 2023
- The Applicants Need to Fill and Complete the Online Application Form.
- Read the updated 2023 GKS Scholarship Application Announcement.