Deadline: October 26, 2022
Are you a filmmaker from Uganda, Tanzania or Ethiopia who wants to develop a feature film idea? Are you looking for financing and training opportunities? Then you’ve come to the right place! Apply for the DW Akademie Film Development Fund 2022.
The DW Akademie Film Development Fund offers a one-year fellowship programme for filmmakers working on the development of their feature-length documentary, fiction or hybrid films. The fund focuses on the development stage of a film’s overall production. This is the phase for creating ideas, writing screenplays, acquiring financing, contracting rights, etc.
- If you are selected, you will receive €10,000 and will be matched with an experienced mentor, who will be by your side during the duration of the programme.
- You will also have access to tailor-made training and networking opportunities.
- Be a citizen and a permanent resident of the country for which the call for application is open. If you are from the country but live in the diaspora, you are unfortunately not eligible.
- Have a track record as a filmmaker. This means that they require that you have released at least one production either internationally or locally (e.g., theatrical release, screening in a national or international festival, TV broadcast, digital third-party broadcast, streaming/VOD). This can also be a short film.
- Your project is eligible to receive support if:
- It is a narrative, documentary or hybrid feature film (more than 60 minutes).
- It is currently in development.
Applicants are required to read the guidelines prior to submitting application.
Required supporting documents include:
- Summary of your proposed project (1 – 2 pages)
- Activity schedule
Applicants whose projects are shortlisted will be asked to submit a treatment (8 pages max.)
Not interested in this particular fellowship? See other fellowships here