Degree Completion Grants at the Universität Hamburg, Germany – 2022/23
This is to notify international students that the application window for Degree Completion Grants at the Universität Hamburg, Germany – 2022/23 is open
Application Deadline for the Degree Completion Grants:
Application deadline is December 1, 2022.
Important Points about the Degree Completion Grants:
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about Degree Completion Grants at the Universität Hamburg, Germany 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at the Universität Hamburg
- International and domestic Students are eligible
- All Doctoral applicants are eligible
Brief Description about the Degree Completion Grants:
The University of Hamburg offers degree completion awards to assist its overseas students in completing their degrees.
Eligible Courses for the Degree Completion Grants:
The Degree Completion Grants at the Universität Hamburg, Germany 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Eligible Countries for the Degree Completion Grants:
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All International countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- The typical funding duration for a grant for degree completion is six months. The monthly funding cap is set at €720. Each grant’s value is determined in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung (BAföG), a German law that provides for federal training aid.
- An extension may be asked for if the final examination is not finished within the allotted six months. The funding period might last up to 12 months.
Degree Completion Grants at the Universität Hamburg, Germany 2022-23 is primarily for Doctoral programs.
Number of Awards
Eligibility Criteria for the Degree Completion Grants:
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Degree Completion Grants at the Universität Hamburg, Germany 2022-23
- Students who qualify for funding include those who:
- are prepared for or currently undergoing their final examination period of their studies, are not German nationals, are ineligible for BAföG (federal student loan system), and do not have any financial help during this phase (proof required).
- In unusual circumstances, international students enrolled in fee-based degree programs may be eligible for this scholarship; however, they will not be given preference during the selection process.
- Financial need is a factor in the selection process.
Application Procedure for the Degree Completion Grants:
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Please log in using your STiNE ID and utilize the proper application link for the relevant application periods (full instructions for applying online are available here (PDF)):
- These papers are needed for online applications:
- CV justification for your application a timeline of all actions leading up to your final examination and a review of your final thesis by your thesis supervisor
- Forms: Examination for a University of Hamburg Degree Completion Grant (PDF)
- The online application portal requires you to upload these files.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Degree Completion Grants at the Universität Hamburg, Germany?
- It is a Doctoral position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at the Universität Hamburg
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here