CMR & Logistics Officer at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CMR and Logistics Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Application Deadline: 11th September, 2022 Nigeria Time.
Department: English and Exams
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Indefinite
- The post holder will support the safe handling in accordance with compliance standards, of confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location.
- This includes movement and activities related to the primary storage area known as the Confidential Materials Room (CMR).
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Supports the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
- Undertakes sorting and packing of exam materials to for designated test venues. Ensures exam materials are received at Test Centre and stored securely
- Supports tasks to reconcile exam materials and papers received are as per plan, report and escalate any discrepancies.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Proactively works with Operations Manager to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
- Leads in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BRITISH COUNCIL and its customers at all times.
- Uses standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- University Degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience in identifying and minimising risk
- Experience in compliance environment
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy operational environment, delivering to standard
- Track record of working in a tightly controlled process driven environment
- Experience of supporting on delivery of computer-based exams
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Alternative locations the role could be based: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Candidates are expected to have the right to live and work in Nigeria
- Workings days for this role from Tuesday to Saturday
- Police check required due to confidential materials
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
NGN 6,154,368.00 per annum.