Bursar at the Federal University Otuoke (FUO)
The Federal University Otuoke (FUO) is one of the Federal Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2011 in cognisance of the need to bridge the great divide between the educationally advantaged and disadvantaged sections of the country, especially areas where universities were lacking. Cited in the serene and secure Otuoke Community, at the heart of the oil-rich Niger-Delta region of Bayelsa State, the University which is 21 kilometres south of the state capital Yenagoa, occupies an expanse of 200 hectares (494 acres).
Our Mission is the generation, dissemination, preservation, and application of knowledge. The vision of the Federal University, Otuoke (FUO) is to gain and maintain a reputation as a world-class university that challenges all its students to achieve the highest levels of intellectual and personal growth, to promote sustainable development, as well as contribute purposeful and ethical service to the nation and Mankind. We intend to achieve this through our core values captured as FUO L-I-K-E-S: Learning, Integrity, Knowledge, Excellence, Service and Scholarship.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Otuoke, Bayelsa
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of this position, the Bursar should be able to co-ordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s strategic plans and to ensure the development and update of the University’s financial management plans.
- The Bursar should be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and consolidation where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the Institution’s financial transactions.
- The candidate must be in good health and must not be older than sixty (60) years from the date of appointment.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours Degree or equivalent in Accounting from a recognized institution, possession of higher degree(s) is an advantage;
- Must have been a Deputy Bursar in a Nigerian University System;
- Must be a qualified and current member of any professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten years of which must be unbroken service in the University system;
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years beginning from the effective date of appointment.
The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
1st February, 2023.
Note: Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their recommendations under confidential cover to the Registrar.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of the Application and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of his/her Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone phone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Proof of current membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees.
Application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with position applied for boldly marked at the top left hand corner to:
Federal University Otuoke,
PMB 126, Yenagoa,
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here