Apply Now | Bar & Restaurant Supervisor at Skyrock Hotels Limited
Bar & Restaurant Supervisor at Skyrock Hotels Limited
Sky Rock Hotels is one of the most preferred hotels in Nigeria and are committed to exceeding guests’ expectations. The experience is what you can call ‘Home away from Home’! It is situated in Ikeja, Suburb of Lagos State, the commercial capital of Nigeria. She provides her guests with 5-star services and facilities including well-furnished relaxation rooms, standard swimming pool, well-equipped gym, open bar, indoor bar & restaurant, laundry services, etc., all at low tariffs. At Sky Rock Hotel, we pursue growth and development through continuous learning and constantly adapting to an ever changing world. Also, we are proud to deliver genuine care, comfort and warmth to all our guests.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bar & Restaurant Supervisor
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2023.
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking an experienced restaurant supervisor to join our team. In this role, you will be asked to perform a variety of managerial functions. This starts with providing our guests with a consistently high-quality dining experience. To do this, you will need to motivate our staff and demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- As a supervisor, you will also help our team meet its standards for quality and profitability. This will involve ensuring that all food health and safety requirements are met.
- Your job may also require you to hire new staff, train them, and create schedules that reflect the dynamic needs of the restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage overall operations under the guidance of the operations manager.
- Oversee both front and back of house operations, including wait staff, kitchen crew, bar, and bussing staff
- Oversee our bar & kitchen staff’s compliance with all health code and sanitation requirements.
- Provide exceptional customer service and lead staff to do the same.
- Develop strategies for improving our customers’ dining experience.
- Work with staff to project future needs for kitchen supplies, goods, and cleaning products.
- Maintain inventory of all needed supplies for both bar & restaurant.
- Identify methods our bar & restaurant can use to cut waste, decrease costs, and improve profits.
- Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all standards and steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
- Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Ensure staffing levels for the bar& restaurant are accurate based on hotel business levels.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as room count and menu changes.
- Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
- Ensure basic standard operating procedures for the bar & restaurant are in place and are in compliance with Federal, state and local practices.
- Ensuring that all steps of services as outlines in training materials are being followed on a daily basis.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move throughout the facility, bar and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
- Ensure that all standards and hotel cash handling procedures are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar and restaurant on a daily basis.
- Solicit feedback from guests concerning the service and food & beverage offerings.
- Ensure all daily and monthly reports are detailed and submitted in a timely matter
- Setting up special events for the restaurant, bar and Lounge (e.g. Beer, wine and spirit dinners, Mother’s Day, Easter, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Graduation, New Years, Holiday Events, etc.)
- OND / HND / B.Sc holder in any relevant discipline.
- 3- 5 years bar/ restaurant supervisory experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Stock and financial accuracy and resolution skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- The physical ability to remain standing for long periods of time.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Motivational and a passion for developing others.
- Computer and POS proficiency.
- Ability to maintain high standards when working under pressure.
N70,000 – N100,000 monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV inPDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Bar & Restaurant Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
Not interested in this particular job, See other jobs here