Opportunities Circle is here with ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2023. Asian Development Bank is offering a fully funded scholarship for international students who want to pursue a Master’s program. Students can opt to study in ADB-JSP-selected fields of study at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa (UHM). Students will participate in the East-West Centre’s educational, residential, and leadership development programs (EWC) through this fully funded scholarship. Moreover, international scholarships provide tuition fees, airfare, monthly stipend and other benefits for selected applicants. ADB seeks individuals to share the knowledge and experience gained through this program to promote socioeconomic development.
The Asian Development Bank Scholarship was established in April 1988. The government of Japan financed ADB-JSP, and the East-West Center administered it to nourish human resource capacity in Asian Development Bank member countries. The scholarship in USA aims to provide an opportunity for the well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue graduate studies in economics, science and technology, management, and other fields in the Asian and Pacific regions.
Furthermore, the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa is the top teaching and research university, providing affordable and quality education to international students. International students must return to their origin countries after completing a master’s scholarship. Asian Development Bank Scholarships are an excellent opportunity, as it will help students to gain international exposure to excel in their careers. The last date to apply for this USA scholarship program is 1 December 2022. Therefore, do not miss this opportunity to study in the USA and apply for fully funded scholarship in the USA and fulfil your dream of studying abroad.
Here are more details about the ADB Japan Scholarship 2023
- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: ADB member countries
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
Following are the eligibility criteria for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Programme:
- Applicants must be citizens and current residents of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank.
- Applicants shall be under the age of thirty years at the time of application.
- Furthermore, they should have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree at the time of application.
- (An equivalent degree can be a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a one-year Master’s degree or a two-year bachelor’s degree plus a two-year Master’s degree. This is subject to review)
- Also, they should have at least two years of full-time professional work experience after a university degree.
- Applicants must submit one of the following English proficiency test results/scores; the minimum acceptable scores for the paper-based TOEFL are 550, 213 for the computer-based TOEFL, internet-based TOEFL iBT 79-80, or IELTS 6.5 overall. The test must be attempted within the past two years.
- Applicants working or residing in a country other than their home country are ineligible to apply for the Asian Development Bank scholarship.
- Moreover, those who have previously studied abroad (in a country outside of ADB-developing member countries) or seeking a second master’s degree are not eligible to apply.
Here are the benefits of the ADB Japan Scholarship program:
- This master’s degree scholarship covers the full tuition fee.
- Provision of roundtrip travel to Honolulu from the applicant’s home country.
- Provision of accommodation in East-West Center residence facilities.
- Monthly stipend.
- Moreover, a fund for the textbooks.
- Health Insurance
- US visa sponsorship (J-1 Exchange Visitor).
Requirements for ADB Japan Scholarship:
- Scanned copy of the official transcript for each higher education institution attended.
- A scanned copy of each higher education institution’s degree/graduation certificate.
- Scanned copy of the TOEFL/IELTS result, if available by 1 December.
- Proof of UH application submission. (application Acknowledgement receipt)
Note: If you experience a delay in obtaining proof of your UH application submission, you can upload a small note describing that you have applied and will email proof of application as soon as it is available. In addition, you will not be able to submit an application without uploading the proof of UH, either application submission or the explanatory note.
Master’s Courses for ADB Scholarship
Following are the eligible master’s degrees and the required standardized examinations for the ADB-JSP at the East-West Center.
- Global MBA Business Administration: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GMAT (UHM only)
- MA Economics: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- MS Oceanography: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- MA Geography: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Ms Natural Resources and Environmental Management: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (for UHM only)
- MS Ocean and Resources Engineering
- MA Pacific Islands Studies: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- MPA Public Administration: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- MA Sociology: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Ms Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- MURP Urban and Regional Planning: TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- The application process for the Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship is online.
- Click on the apply now option below to start your application.
- Register your account at Submittable if not registered already.
- Read the instructions for each section before entering the information.
- Ensure to provide valid information and data.
- Make sure to fill in all the required fields.
- Also, please review your application before submitting it, as you cannot edit it afterwards.
- If the application is not ready, you can save it as a draft and submit it at a later time. You can find the saved drafts of your application in the account under ‘My Submissions’ (or Submissions).
- If applicants need to change something in their application after submission, you can contact the ADB-JSP program at adbjsp@EastWestCenter.org.
Visit the Official Site for more details